B2W Bonus Post! Gifting Your Girl’s with the Best
Hey there fellow strange-birds. Welcome to my first bonus post! I knew in this blog there would be moments where I’d veer a tad off-script. But I can’t help it. I come across too many beautiful things while researching weddings. It would seem like I was slacking, like I wasn’t giving you guys my all, if I didn’t make sure you knew about them, too. This one is for your crew. They’re showing up for you by being a part of your wedding. So, give your girls the best bridesmaid’s gifts ever!
Here’s the thing, most bridesmaid’s gifts suck. I understand the idea of branding your wedding, but giving your girls a monogram tote bag, or a robe with your wedding date, is kind of like wasted money ladies. Those things won’t get used again. Instead, and I know this isn’t a popular opinion, try giving your girls something not branded by your wedding at all. Instead, give them something that’s dope all by itself. And then try and fan away the accolades sure to come when they’re wearing your gift long after the I do’s.
Lucky for you, I’ve got a few suggestions that’ll work at varying price points. And because they’re not theme specific, or wedding branded, they’d work just as well with a colorful wedding dreaming wedding as they would with a black is beautiful for weddings, too. Did you end up here just to take a look around? Then no wedding necessary lovely, find something you like, and treat yourself!
A Board Full of Gifts
A Running List of Gifts
No extra commentary here, just all the buying info you need!
- Cool Creative Inc makes some of the sickest streetwear! This sweatshirt will be loved and well worn by all of your ladies. The best part? You can customize the patches on the sleeve to make it one-of-a-kind for each of your girls. This one’s for sure on the high-side of the price point at around $220, so maybe it would work best as a maid-of-honor gift. Either way, whoever gets it will be one lucky lady.
- Since we’re swimming in the deep side of the pool, let’s move on to Wear Brims. Hats are a specific weakness of mine, and theirs are so distinctive. The colors are rich and saturated and the craftsmanship so top-notch, that it’ll be a gift lasting for years. It’s also what justifies the $250 price tag. Bespoke stuff comes at a price – but this is one instance where you truly get what you pay for.
- Courtney Noelle is a brand I love. They make dope fashion for us real-sized ladies, including this sweatshirt. I love a good slogan as much as the next gal, and, More Than Pretty, is a moto all of us ladies can stand behind. Plus, at $40, it will barely cost you more than that taupe monogramed tote bag you were looking at ;-).
- There’s something cyclically romantic about gifting your girls a ring on the same day you’ll be exchanging them. If your crew is anything like mine, then your love will be marrying them along with you anyway. My girls and I are somewhat of a package deal. And if I was the one giving the gift, this Lola Ade dainty flower ring would be at the top of my list. I love the classic simplicity, and that fact that each one is handmade. It makes the $40 price tag seem like a steal!
- This Brandon Blackwood handbag is my current fav! Ya’ll, really, it’s floating my boat for so many reasons. Yes, the styling is classic, the color a perfect neutral, and the size ideal for everyday. But it’s the End Systemic Racism message on the front that makes this a no-brainer. Well, that plus the very affordable $50 which means you can gift your girls while informing the world all at the same time. That’s a win-win if I ever heard of one.
- I love a t-shirt gift. I mean, who doesn’t? Everybody can use one, especially if they’re like the ones from Refreshed Collection. The inventory changes, but you can always find a number of Black-positive options perfect for your tribe. This, Never Let A Hard Time Humble Us, tee seemed perfect given the current climate, but for around $40 a pop, you could find the perfect shirt, or assortment of shirts to fit each one of your ladies.
- Every time I scroll through the Muehleder website, I imagine wearing their clothes as the fifth member of Girlfriends, strutting my stuff in-between Tracee Ellis Ross and Golden Brooks. The whole website is full of statement pieces, guaranteed to get you noticed. This slashed sweatshirt is no exception. It’s a signature piece for them, and priced like it at $198, but it would be in your ladies wardrobe for years!
- LolaWhiteShop on Etsy makes some of my favorite faux flower creations. The colors are unapologetically vibrant and the options are endless. Plus, my allergies very much appreciate the fact that no sneezing would be had in wearing them. This Frida Kahlo headband would be perfect for your girls to wear to the wedding, and easily transition into their favorite Spring/Summer accessory. And at $34 a pop, you’d barely feel a thing.
- Some brides-to-be gift their girls with slippers or flip-flops to change into during the reception. But why not up the ante with a pair of these Inkkas sneaks instead. The gold bumblebees on this one make me want to snatch them up, well, that along with the $35 sale price. If you can’t catch this sale, then you’ll be spending closer to $80, which I think is still reasonable. But keep an eye out for the sales to stretch your buck.
Let me know if you dig this bonus content lovelies. I have a few ideas of other possible break-out posts if this kind of content works for you guys.